Some high-rated craft beers brewed in the greater Austin area include
A. Austin Beerworks’ Heavy Machinery Double IPA
B. (512)’s Pecan Porter
C. Pinthouse Pizza’s Fully Adrift
D. Live Oak’s HefeWeizen
E. Jester King’s Aurelian Lure
Other Popular Craft Breweries include
Notes On Austin Craft Brewing
- Austin has historically been thought of as further ahead of Houston with regards to the maturity of its craft beer scene (though it could also be argued that Houston is quickly catching up).
- Live Oak and (512) Brewing Co. laid much of the groundwork for a thriving scene that now features some of the most sought-after beer in the country at farmhouse brewery Jester King, purveyors of highly regarded American Wild Ales like Atrial Rubicite and Montmorency vs. Balaton; as well as some of the best hoppy ales in Texas at IPA (and pizza) specialist Pinthouse Pizza, whose Electric Jellyfish IPA is a crowd favorite, and whose increased focus on the New England-Style IPA has further solidified Pinthouse’s already-robust reputation as Texas’ foremost brewer of IPA.
- Austin is home to 36 craft breweries, including the well-regarded Austin Beerworks, Oasis Texas, Blue Owl, Hi Sign Brewing, and more.
- Evolving consumer habits may see a furthering of breweries—which would historically be considered industrial inventory—also become retailers, which may eventually shift the way the commercial real estate industry categorizes these properties.
- Independent beer producers across the state of Texas collectively brewed roughly 276,000 barrels of beer during the first 10 months of 2016, or 138,000 kegs. That’s approximately 1 keg for every 100 adults over 21 years of age in the entire state.