Click the image to enlarge and download the PDF
Other 2017 World Series and commercial real estate fun facts:
- Overall gross asking rents for office space have spiked since Houston’s last appearance in the World Series, from $17.68 per sq. ft. in Q3 2005 to $27.91 as of the third quarter of 2017.
- On the season, the 2017 Astros hit nearly one extra base hit per every office lease deal closed during Q3 2017 (604 XBHs vs. 621 leases). Oh, and those 604 extra base hits? That total led all of baseball.
- This is the Astros’ first appearance in the World Series since moving to the American League before the start of the 2013 season, and second overall for the franchise.
- The Astros are 6-9 all-time in MLB postseason series, with the first series win coming in the 2004 National League Division Series.
- It took almost 20 years for the Astros—founded in 1962 as the Houston Colt .45s—to reach their first postseason series in 1980. They have since made the postseason 8 times in their last 21 seasons.
- The Dodgers have 31 playoff appearances, collecting 22 pennants and winning 6 World Series championships. This is their 19th trip to the World Series.
- The Astros have 11 playoff appearances, collecting 2 pennants (1 in each league), and are looking for their first World Championship. This is their 2nd trip to the World Series. No team from Texas has ever won the World Series.