- Texas and USC last played each other in 2006 in the Rose Bowl, with the Longhorns winning the National Championship in the final seconds against a Trojans team that entered the contest on a 34-game winning streak. Texas is 1-4 all-time against USC.
- Beginning in 1893, the Texas Longhorns football program is one of the most highly regarded and historic programs of all time. As of the end of the 2016 season, Texas’ all-time record is 891–359–33 (.718), which ranks as the second-most wins in NCAA Division I FBS history.
- Texas is known for its postseason appearances, ranking second in number of bowl game appearances (53), fourth in bowl game victories (27), most Southwest Conference football championships (27), and most Cotton Bowl Classic appearances and victories.
- Texas claims four Division I-A national championships (1963, 1969, 1970 and 2005) and 32 conference championships (3 Big 12 Conference, 27 Southwest Conference, and 2 Texas Intercollegiate Athletic Association).
- Austin’s tallest office building is the 33-floor, 515-foot—the length of more than 1.5 football fields — Frost Bank Tower, built in 2004.
- Los Angeles’ tallest office building by roof height is the 1,018-foot, 73-floor U.S. Bank Tower, built in 1989. That’s more than one game per floor of the more the 1,200 total games the school has played in its 129-year history.
1. Source: CoStar National Market Rep,